Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing 9: Online Collaboration Tools

I must say that editing a historic document was pretty fun.  Although it was really confusing with the number of people that had already contributed.  My brain of course has to figure out how they made this work.

In essence, it is a templated wiki.  Totally a great an inovative way to use the technology.  I can see this as being a great way to explore other primary documents, but it would also be a great way to do peer edited papers,  to do movie storyboarding... [as a teacher you post the storyboards as a template and the kids fill it in].  I'm sure there are others, but I am at a loss to think of them right now.

I have used Google docs before but never Zoho document writer.  Nor had I thought about using them as a colaboration technique in school.  It really is a great way to get kids who "can't get together" to get together and write the essay, put together research etc.

It puts some really great ideas in my head.  I need about 3 months to figure out how to incorperate all of this into my curriculum.  

Owe.. my head hurts.

No comments: