Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thing 13: on line productivity

Here is a realm I really accel.  

I have been using igoogle for a number of years... really since its inception.  I love it.  I have it customized and modified with my own widgets to help with many, many things.

in additiona, (as stated in Thing1) I use Opera as my web service and they have a large number of widgets and addons to their browser to customize it to your liking.  

I have been using google calendar and at present use a number of "sub calendars":

  1.  a game calendar that I link to my other blog page to keep all my gaming friends in the loop
  2. a personal calendar for things that I am participating in on my own time
  3. a school calendar (that I have linked to my school outlook calendar so it updates automatically)
  4. A joint calendar with Sara :)
  5. Sara has her own calendar.

This has helped a bunch.  I just have to get better at adding things to the calendar.  It is pretty busy as it is, but I always forget to add items to the caldendar and then problems arise.  

I believe that is what we call "user error".

On a whim I took a look at pageflake.  I really liked it.  The interface looks better than most and a bit more advanced in places (ie. local new feed).  But because I am so linked into the google features (calendar, blogger, RSS reader, and now a new found addiction to zoho) it would take a lot for me to switch.  I am giving up some for the convienience.

I must say I am kind of thinking about the Netvibe page.  Based on what you set up Mike.  Its pretty slick.


No comments: