Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thing 17: ELM Productivity Tools.

From what I can tell.  This is very similar to what we use at school.  I have the kids using ProQuest and EBSCO at school all the time.  What I like about ELM is that it merges the different databases and help guide you in your search.

Sort of "what are you looking for?"  and then guides you down a decision tree until you are at the right place.  What was a bit more difficult was that it required the use of your library card.  Luckly, I make all my students register for a library card at the begining of school ;)

I loved the (k-5 and 6-12) search features on the right had side.

I also like the fact that you can sort your search by medium, time, place and source.  It really will be a great reasource.  

6 traits?  Maybe?  :)

No comments: