Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing 29... Google Tools

Having been a google tool user for many years and each year I take on one or more Google aps. I am kind of a Google junkie. I don't jump into these sorts of programs lightly or willingly. It has taken a long time and I am now about to admit that I have drunk the Google Koolaid.

So, this is a bit of a numbing "Thing" to accomplish.

However, I did jump to GoogleHealth. I have been noting a series of stories about keeping track of your own medical records above and beyond your health care providor.

Note the articles:
etc. etc.

So GoogleHealth seemed like a logical place to look. It is totally therough and I did put in some cursery information.



I have to admit, the site was super detailed. It loged everything from symptoms, then you could date and time the symptoms, medications (again with date, time and pharmacy) it even lists side effects and what the meds are for.

You an upload images of EKG's, CATscans etc. Very impressive.

Then I got to thinking about this info is on another server? The big consperacy part of my brain became super active. Here is my debate:

1. I'll guarantee you that the Google server is 1000x more dificult to get into and get info off of the machine than mine at home.

2. Do I trust all the people at Google that have access to their servers?

Then I started to freak about the great conspiracy of Government involvemnt, or Synciates selling and/or using your health info in insidious ways every time you log in.

Then I calmed down and now I'm pretty sure that its a good idea... but I haven't swallowed the Koolaid on this one as hard as I thought.


No comments: