Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thing 30.... RSS and Delicious

I love RSSing (amazing that is now a word). However, I'm not sure I need Delicious. Its not that I don't like Delicious, because I do. Its just that I can use a google app that does the core of what Delicious does.... make a list of URL's accessible from any computer.

I have an organized list of RSS feeds that I follow using Google Reader and I list of Blogs I follow far more closely by making a new tab on my iGoogle home page with my Blogs.



Note the upper left corner is where my bookmarks are.

On the far left (the grey/black) is where my tab for special Blogs I RSS

Bottom left (below my twitter) is my RSS reader.

Although I can't do some of the social features of Delicious I can do most. And, If I have "friends" on iGoogle and can share them that way just as you can with Google Docs.

So, I have explored Delicious, but I think I'll stick with convenience rather than one more window, one more password and one more application to learn.



No comments: