Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing 21: Beyond Myspace

Although crude in its appearance and user interface, I am having larger hopes for Ning.  

The fact that it self filters by definition will help.  This will limit the number of lurkers and "false friends" from being part of the system.  It keeps people of like issues together, I like that.  Not only that, but it has better privacy for setting up "by invitation only". 

The interface is really crude and visually it is terrible.  However Ning has some potential.  I will continue to play with it and see what is available.

I didn't really spend much time with Gather or with Webjunction.  There is this whole time, signing up for one more accunt, one more password, setting up another avitar... account information etc.  So I let them go.  But Gather is looking like an even better option than Ning.  I'll have to do some more exploring to see what is looking good to me.

Perhaps my attitude will change...

No comments: